WHAT ARE INDIRECT TAXES
INDIRECT GENERAL TAX (IGI)
The Indirect General Tax is a tax applied on transactions involving the delivery of goods and/or services in Andorra, by business or professional, as well as on imports. This is a tax figure equivalent to the Spanish VAT or French TVA. There are five types of IGI tax:
Rental housing, health services and medication covered by the SS, education, and investment gold
Food and water, books and publications
Transportation and art
Financial and banking services
How often do companies that provide goods and services have to pay IGI?
– Quarterly, when the previous year’s turnover is less than €3,600,000.
– Monthly, in all other cases.
Special taxes are those levied on certain products, such as alcohol, tobacco or gasoline.
25€/hl pure alcohols
0,439984€/l unleaded gasoline < 98
0,476214€/l unleaded gasoline 98
0,065426€/l colored diesel
Andorra signed an agreement with the European Union in 1990 establishing a customs union for industrial products (25-97 in the Harmonized System). This means that, when industrial products are imported into Andorra from outside the European Union, Andorra applies the same conditions and therefore the same tariff as the other countries of the Union. The calculation of the duty payable is determined by the imported product, while the union sets the rates applicable to each product.
It should be borne in mind that Andorra is currently negotiating an Association Agreement with the European Union, which could in some respects change the current conditions. The agreement is expected to be signed in 2023.
DO YOU NEED HELP WITH INDIRECT TAXATION?
- Responsible for the treatment: ANCEI Consultoría Estratégica Internacional, SA
- Purpose: Manage the user’s request.
- Legal basis: The consent of the user.
- Recipients: Your data will not be transferred.
- Conservation: Maximum legal period established.
- Rights of the interested party: Access, rectify and cancel the data referring to your person, oppose the processing of the data, request the limitation of the treatment or the portability of the data.